Thursday, January 28, 2010

Alaina's Intro Blog

Hi I'm Alaina Ognibene. I've always lived in Southern California. I was born in San Diego, then moved to riverside for 13 years, where I was mostly home schooled with my brother.  Then I moved to Murrieta and went to Murrieta Valley High School. I now live in Escondido while I'm here at CSUSM...I've been trying to get back down to San Diego since I was born. Almost there!

I would like to think of myself as a semi-techno savy person.  I've used a PC since my family first got the internet and I'm pretty sure we were the last family to get it. We were a bit behind on the times.   So I know how to use a PC pretty well, but as soon as I graduated high school I bought myself a mac and I've never looked back.  I love my mac and I don't think I'll ever buy a PC ever again. I love not worrying about viruses, and spyware, and what ever else goes wrong with them.  Plus the mac is just so fun to use. I probably would have bought it just for photo booth anyway.   I feel that I am pretty dependent on my computer for a day to day basis  Which is sad, but it is my connection to the world.  I don't have tv so all my information I get from friends, family, news, school is from my computer.  If it broke I would probably cry. 
I think I'm using Microsoft 06.  I need to update!

The part of the COE mission statement that I really appreciated was 
"The mission of the College of Education community is to collaboratively transform public education by preparing thoughtful educators and advancing professional practices." I currently work in a special ed class at Mission Hills High School in San Marcos, and just from having such a hands on job in the public school system, I believe that statement is critical for all educators to understand before entering the field of education.  Students deserve a teacher who is great at their job, who provides the best environment for learning  and is committed to their needs of the students. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Alaina,
    It got kind of annoying after a while. I remember looking forward something next year for school like a play I missed in fourth grade cuz i moved, and I was hoping to take a guitar class in 8th grade but I moved. That's interesting you were homeschooled, I always wondered how that would be. I too live in Escondido, but i'm actually moving to San Marcos in couple months,lol i kno..

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting. Another person who commutes like a million miles to school. Haha what year did you graduate from MV?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cool that you homeschooled; I did too. Did you like it, or did you like going to public school better? I live in Temecula with my family, and we were definitely late in getting internet! I also like that part of the mission statement, because teachers should be thoughtful in that they always evaluate their practices and methods, and find new ways when things don't go well.

    ReplyDelete